Silenus of Mycenae
Silenus of Mycenae at Lief Ericsson Tourney 2018
Per pale vert and sable, a panpipe counterchanged Or and argent.
Silenus of Mycenae is the Cabin Boy and Emissary of the Pact of Inept Engineers, and a resident of the Barony of Calafia. He is affectionately known by many in the Kingdom and the Barony as “Hector” as he spent over a decade attending SCA events going only by his mundane name.
Silenus is a bard, socialite, and carouser who loves poetry, storytelling, and making new friends.
Silenus of Mycenae is a Greek Christian directly descended from Byzantine aristocracy, born in 1455 shortly after the fall of Constantinople. As a result yet he was raised as a second-class citizen under the rule of the Ottoman Empire. As a boy he was taken from his family for blood price, but rather than becoming a Janissary and converting to Islam, he was taken to the dancing halls to become a Köçek. A male belly dancer and courtesan.
He was liberated shortly before he aged out of dancing (typically when one begins to grow facial hair) by his crew-mates of the Inept Engineers. He now serves as the ship's cabin boy and Emissary. His garb is from many different cultures because the ship travels everywhere, and as a courtesan he prefers to wear clothing of his Patrons native culture.
Offices & Positions
- Deputy Guild Steward of the Calafia Bardic Guild 08/2018-11/2019
- Court Service for Baron Gamyl & Baroness and Danyel 11/2018-11/2019
- Calafia Social Media Officer 11/2019-Current
- 18th Lyon Bard for the Barony of Lyondemere 2020-2021
- Bardic 101, Virtual Potrero War, May 2020
- Bardic 101, Virtual Collegium Caidis Summer 2020
- Volunteer Steward, Potrero War 2019
- Co-Steward, Arts in the Park Demo 2019