Pierre de Dieppe
Per bend sinister Azure and Vert, a bend sinister wavy argent and overall a hexagon Or
The Honorable Lord Pierre de Dieppe. Will often be found in the company of the Lady Etiennette Dubord dite Desmarais and Rosie, the cutest dog ever!
Pierre is the son of a fisherman early in 11th century Normandy. His hometown is Dieppe, a fishing port on the northern coast of France in the Pays de Caux region. His love is the sea, but he finds himself traveling throughout France looking for good cheeses. He loves cider and cheese from northern regions of France, and doesn't know of the impending importance Dieppe will play in the 1066 invasion of that silly island nation just to the north.
Pierre loves music, and enjoys playing with all the instruments he can get his hands on. He's fond of a small portable organ with bellows that he can often be heard playing. He can sometimes be found traveling with the Cliar Cu Buidhe, a SCA household consisting of a troupe of traveling performers as well as their non-musical companions, where he is often seen doing scullery or baking.
- Member of the household Cliar Cu Buidhe
Offices & Positions
- Lyondemere Baronial Staff for Baron Thomas Bordeaux, 7/2007-7/2009
- Courtier for Edric V and Faizah II, 11/2007-6/2008
- Guard for Sven II and Kolfinna II, 11/2008-6/2009
- Guard for Edward II and Mora II, 6/2009-11/2009
- Lyondemere Chronicler, 5/2010-7/2012
- Guard for Sven IV and Cassandra II, 6/2013-11/2013
- Lyondemere Chamberlain for Baron Jon Thomme de Claydon 7/2012-7-2014
- Lyondemere Deputy Seneschal, 1/2013-12/2014
- Lyondemere Seneschal, 12/2014-12/2016
- Lyondemere Reeve, 1/2017-6/2017
Publications & Projects
- Contributing editor of "The Tydes" of Lyondemere
- "Ships' Songs in History", 04/2009, The Tydes
- "Sea Songs in History", 6/2010, The Tydes
- Deputy Chronicler of The Tydes 2009-2010
- Chronicler of "The Tydes" of Lyondemere, May 2010-July 2012
Site Tokens Created
- 2011 - Pewter tokens for Lyondemere/Gyldenholt Yule, 2011. St. Nicholas themed, round with ship on obverse and 3 balls on reverse.
- 2013 - Pewter tokens for Lyondemere Anniversary, 2013. Festa del Redentore theme. Venice celebrating the end of the plague. Lion of St. Mark, a lion with wings.