Order of the Chivalry
The Order of Chivalry (or Order of Knighthood) is a patent level award for those who have excelled in Armored Combat.
The Order of Chivalry contains two different branches.
- Knights (KSCA): Swears fealty to the crown, wears a white belt and chain.
- Master of Arms (MSCA): Is not required to swear fealty to the crown, wears a white baldric.
As of January 2017, each new member of the order mad in Caid has chosen to become a knight instead of a master.
Caidan tradition holds that members of the Order of Chivalry may wear spurs at all times and non-knights may only wear spurs when participating in equestrian activities. The spur is not a reserved heraldic charge however. Anyone may include a spur in their registered heraldry.
- KSCA: Sir/Dame (The majority of female knights prefer the term Sir over Dame)
- MSCA: Master/Mistress
- Alternate Titles are available for substitution.
- KSCA: (Fieldless) A white belt.
- KSCA: (Tinctureless) A circular chain.
- MSCA: (Fieldless) A white baldric.
- Permits the knight/master to display a full achievement with silver or white helm, torse and mantling, crest and supporters. A knight may also display an unadorned chain around the neck of the helm or encircling the arms, or a white belt encircling the arms. Masters of Arms may use the white belt, but not the chain in their achievement.
- Regalia of the order includes:
- SCA-wide, knights may wear a white belt worn around the waist, Masters of Arms may wear a white baldric worn diagonally from shoulder to hip
- SCA-wide, knights may wear around their neck "a gold chain as a symbol of their fealty" though Caidan tradition is that plain or unadorned chain of any metal may be worn
- SCA-wide, any other article of clothing, jewelry, equipment or flag displaying the appropriate badge of the order for knights or masters of arms
|Awards of Caid|
| Patent: Chivalry, Laurel, Pelican, Defense, Royal Peerage.|
Grant: Grant of Arms, Argent Blade, Chiron, Crescent, Gauntlet, Golden Lance, Lux Caidis.
Armigerous: Award of Arms, Court Barony, Argent Arrow, Chamfron, Crescent Sword, Dolphin, Duellist, Harp Argent.
Non-armigerous: Acorn, Argent Star, Augmentation of Arms, Chanson, Corde de Guerre, Crescent and Flame, Crossed Swords, Legion of Courtesy, Royal Recognition of Excellence, Signum Reginae, Sigillum Regis, Signum Regni, Vanguard of Honor.
Honors: Arts and Sciences Pentathlon Champion, King's Champion, Personal Heraldic Title, Queen's Champion, Right Noble, Rose.
Closed: White Scarf, Landmark, New Battered Helm.
Other Information: Alternate Titles, Award Cords, Award Types, Closed Award, Polling Order, Rare and special award.