Order of the Chivalry
The Order of Chivalry (or Order of Knighthood) is a patent level award for those who have excelled in Armored Combat.
The Order of Chivalry contains two different branches.
- Knights (KSCA): Swears fealty to the crown, wears a white belt and chain.
- Master of Arms (MSCA): Is not required to swear fealty to the crown, wears a white baldric.
Caid has never made a Master of Arms, all our homegrown chivalry have chosen the Knightly path.
Tradition holds that knights may wear spurs at all times and non-knights may only wear spurs when participating in equestrian activities. The spur is not a reserved charge however. Anyone may include a spur in their registered armory.
- KSCA: Sir/Dame (The majority of female knights prefer the term Sir over Dame)
- MSCA: Master/Mistress
- Alternate Titles are available for substitution.
- KSCA: (Fieldless) A white belt.
- KSCA: (Tinctureless) A circular chain.
- MSCA: (Fieldless) A white baldric.
- Permits the knight/master to display a full achievement with silver or white helm, torse and mantling, crest and supporters. A knight may also display an unadorned chain around the neck of the helm or encircling the arms, or a white belt encircling the arms. Masters of Arms may use the white belt, but not the chain in their achievement.
- Regalia of the order includes:
- A white belt (for knights) or white baldric (for masters) worn upon the person
- Any other article of clothing, jewelry, equipment or flag displaying a badge of the order
|Awards of Caid|
| Patent: Chivalry, Laurel, Pelican, Defense, Royal Peerage.|
Grant: Grant of Arms, Argent Blade, Chiron, Crescent, Gauntlet, Golden Lance, Lux Caidis.
Armigerous: Award of Arms, Court Barony, Argent Arrow, Chamfron, Crescent Sword, Dolphin, Duellist, Harp Argent.
Non-armigerous: Acorn, Argent Star, Augmentation of Arms, Chanson, Corde de Guerre, Crescent and Flame, Crossed Swords, Legion of Courtesy, Royal Recognition of Excellence, Signum Reginae, Sigillum Regis, Signum Regni, Vanguard of Honor.
Honors: Arts and Sciences Pentathlon Champion, King's Champion, Personal Heraldic Title, Queen's Champion, Right Noble, Rose.
Closed: White Scarf, Landmark, New Battered Helm.
Other Information: Alternate Titles, Award Cords, Award Types, Closed Award, Polling Order, Rare and special award.