Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium 2007
The Caid College of Heralds and Barony of Lyondemere hosted the 2008 Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium at the Crowne Plaza Hotel near LAX. The event steward was Baroness Éowyn Amberdrake and the site liaison was Lady Mealla Caimbeul. The gate/bookkeeping was handled by Master Hrorek Halfdane of Faulconwood. Class scheduler was Su of the Silver Horn. Symposium proceedings were edited by Baron Bruce Draconarius of Mistholme. Merchant autocrat was Master John ap Griffin. Local events coordinator was Lady Madelena Hidalgo de Valencia and event merchandise was arranged by Lady Illuminada Eugenia de Guadalupe y Godoy.
- Two-day scribal workshop, "Painting in the Style of Jean Bourdichon, 1457-1521" was taught by Sylvana Barrett who frequently teaches workshops at the Getty Museum and Huntington Library.
- Twenty-eight classes on armory, onomastics and scribal tecniques.
- A stunning scribal arts display organized by Master Giuseppe Francesco da Borgia included a seventeenth century copy of a sixteenth century grant of arms written by Garter King of Arms.
- A feast and grand ball was enjoyed, though the rap party next door spoiled the revelry somewhat
- Please feel free to add your memories of this event
Add photos if we have them
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s
Other Information: Results