AZ, on a tower AR a pheon inverted AZ, within a bordure AR. (8307 Caid)
The Dreiburgen Company of Archer’s Badge charges members with three responsibilities.
- 1 That as a member you are always striving to improve your skills.
- 2 That you support your fellow baronial archers with respect and camaraderie
- 3 That you represent your barony with honor and dignity.
The Badge is worn on the shoulder of the draw arm with the appropriate tassel(s) attached to it.
Ranking is determined by averaging the points of 3 royal rounds.
- Novice 0 - 24
- Bowman 25 - 44
- Yeoman 45 - 64
- Forester 65 - 84
- Bow Master 85 - 104
- Royal Bow Master 105 and up
The tassels hanging form the badge Represents two things. 1st archers of the period would weare a large tassel, with which to clean their equipment. We wear it to honor their memory. 2nd The color of the tassel represents the skill of the archer.
- White is for the Novice who is at the beginning of an exciting path.
- Black represents the Bowman
- Blue is for the Yeoman
- Red is the Forester
- Yellow is the Bow Master
- Purple is for the Royal Bow Master who is at the top of their craft
- Green is for combat archers
Multiple tassels from the badge represents rankings in different divisions.
The archery ranks of the 1980’s were displayed on leather belt favors or sometimes leather arm bands.
There were 3 divisions of bows and each division had its color leather that the belt favor was made of:
- Blue was Open division
- Green was Long bow division
- Black was Crossbow
At the top of each favor was the badge of the Dreiburgen Archers.
There were four ranks of archers, these ranks were represented upward pointing chevrons appearing below the badge on the favor.
- Bowman had 1 white chevron
- Yeoman had 2 white chevrons
- Forester had 3 white chevrons
- Bow Master had 4 chevrons, 3 white the bottom 1 was Yellow
- Royal Bow Master had 4 chevrons, 3 white, 1 was Yellow and 1 was Purple.
The scoring back then was the same as today, the average of 3 royal rounds. Bowman 0-44, Yeoman 45-64, Forester 65-84, Bow Master 85-104, and Royal Bow Master 105-120+ .
- Wolfgang Neuschel der Grau 10/2006 - 6/2009
- Ronan de Bhal
- Raymond aus Dreiburgen
- Kurt von Arriksleva
- Paganus Grimlove 1989-1991
- Wilihelm Roderick FitzLovel of Kerr 1988-1989
- Eadweard the Kraken 1986 - 1988
- Tomas Logan of Caer Glan-y-mor 1985
Royal Bow Masters & Bow Masters
|Paganus Grimlove||RBM||Open, Longbow, Crossbow, Period|
|Frederick von Wolvesgang||RBM||Crossbow|
|Roger Wells of Dragon’s Bane||BM||Open, Longbow, Crossbow|
|Yvon Bater of Darkwood||BM||Open, Longbow, Crossbow|
|Damales Redbeard||BM||Open, Longbow|
|Leo de Coronado||BM||Open|
|Raymond aus Dreiburgen||BM||Open|
|Carolus von Eulenhorst||BM||Open|
|Gaius Gracchus of Greymist||BM||Crossbow|
|Leo de Coronado||10/08/1989|
|Yvon Bater of Darkwood||11/19/1989||11/19/1989|
|Wilihelm Roderick FitzLovel of Kerr||06/03/1990|
|Eric du Marne||08/19/1990|
|Frederick von Wolvesgang||06/14/1992|
|Gaius Gracchus of Greymist||07/12/1992|
|Roger Wells of Dragon’s Bane||08/13/1992|
|Wolfgang Neuschel der Grau||01/06/2008||04/06/2008||07/01/2007|
|Wolfgang Neuschel der Grau||12/30/2007||03/30/2008||12/02/2007|