Sable, a gore argent, ermined gules, in sinister chief a mask of comedy and a mask of tragedy in bend argent.
THL Dagný Starkaðardóttir (STARK-athar-dotteer) joined the SCA in A.S. 14. She was admitted to the Order of the Gilded Thimble (Calafia) on 12/05/2015 and the Order of the Golden Trident (Calafia) on 10/15/2016. Prior to that, she was admitted to the Order of the Crescent on 08/06/1994 by TRM Gar and Ristil. At Calafia's Winter Arts event on 12/7/2019, she became the newest Bard of Calafia.
A little-known fact is that post-SCA period author Ms. Stella Gibbons modeled Cold Comfort Farm (1933) after an ancient Viking Age farm located in Yorkshire. The original property, kaldráðubær, was founded during the Danelaw and named by the original Dagný when she declared that living alone and running a farm in this moist country was cold comfort while her man was off raiding westwards. Her husband Oddmar eventually returned from his sojourn and announced that they should go "home" to Denmark but Dagný declared that there would always be Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm and she wasn't going anywhere. Oddmar, realizing the better part of valor, agreed, and they made a very successful go of their little homestead.
. . . and there have been Starkadders in Yorkshire in one form or another ever since.
The current Lady Dagný and her lord husband Oddmar sviðbalki own Windhund Farm, where they raise chickens and grow vegetables. They rely on their small but fierce hunting talbots, Otto and Ignatz, to keep a sharp eye out for marauders of all sizes and shapes.
- Previously known as Alexis Vladescu von Nettesheim
Offices & Positions
- Lunch for the Baronage, Calafia-Gyldenholt Friendship Tourney, 03/05/2016 (aka The Highland Games)
"Eat Like a Viking," Calafia Viking Guild, 06/21/2015
Projects & Publications
- Member, Guild of St. Genesius
- Our Kind, Twenty Fifth Year Celebration, 1991; written by Lord Goldwyn of Britain
- Our Kind II: Mistress Laurel Explains It All At You (Lady Vitriola); written by Lord Goldwyn of Britain
- Our Kind III: A Nightmare on Laurel Street (Mistress Laurel Seamchecker), 1991; written by Lord Goldwyn of Britain
- Arlecchino and The Cup of Love; written by Lord Goldwyn of Britain
- Day of Scenes, Sound and Fury and its sequel, Death and Taxes
- Mankind (Titivillus)
- The Miller's Tale (Old Joan); a play in rhyming couplets written by THL Dagný, Mistress Renata Kestryl of Highwynds and Lady Siobhan ni Diarmaid
- The Revenge Play (Sister Frigida); written by Wat of Combe as Theodoric Popinjaye
- The Comedy of Errors (Dromia)
- The Traveling Circus (The Dancing Bear)
- Member of the trio "A Couple of White Chicks Sitting around Singing Madrigals," with Lady Siobhan ni Diarmaid and Shelagh na Morphaidh
- Member, Calafian Choral Fellowship
- Member of Calafia's 1st Place Arts & Sciences Pentathlon team, 03/2017