Altavia Anniversary 2015
From the Crown Prints
(Personal information removed) Altavia's 32nd Anniversary
“Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale Her infinite variety.” – Antony and Cleopatra, Act 2 Scene 2
It’s Altavia’s Lapis (32nd) Anniversary; come celebrate our infinite variety! This year, we visit Egypt in the days of Queen Cleopatra and Marc Antony. Break out your finest Egyptian and Roman garb and join us for fighting, feasting, and frolicking of all descriptions!
- Our Armoured Combat, Rapier, Unarmoured, and Youth tournaments will all be standard double-elimination style.
- Youth activities, run by THLady Fara MacGregor, will include Egyptian and Roman mask-making and chariot races.
- A populace lunch will be available for $5. The Egyptian-themed menu includes Apricot Chicken, Carrots and Leeks with Tahini (sesame paste), Fava Beans with Hazelnuts, and Stuffed Dates
- A raffle of fabulous items to raise funds for the Barony will also take place.
This is a dry site. Pets must be leashed at all times. The park has requested that we haul out all of our own trash. The Barony will provide trash bags, but please arrange to take them with you at days end.
- Our Arts & Science competition is open to any creative art or science, functional or not; and entries inspired by the mysterious lands of Egypt are greatly preferred! The new Baronial Champion will be decided by a People’s Choice competition, so please remember to come by and cast your vote. All entries must be in by 2 pm, but voting will run until just before closing court.
- Along with the Arts and Science baronial champion competition, we will be having a “Bring Your Mummy” contest. Bring your best interpretation of a mummy to the Arts and Sciences tent; either one you prepared before hand or one you create on site with the help of a willing victim/volunteer.
- A People’s Choice Bardic competition will be taking place at the event. The theme of the competition is star-crossed lovers. Please contact the Bard of Altavia, Lady Briana MacCabe for more details.
- An Egyptian Dance Contest will be run by Her Grace, Duchess Faizah al-Zarqa, between rounds of fighting. Contestants will each have 1 minute to show us your best moves. Musicians will be provided.
- There will also be a people’s choice Costume Contest for the following categories: SCA-Period Egyptian and Humorous Egyptian, SCA-Period Roman and Humorous Roman.
Schedule for the Day:
- 7:30 a.m. - Site opens
- 8:00 a.m. - Populace welcome and gate open
- 10:00 a.m. - Opening Court (or at TRM’s pleasure)
- 2:00pm Last of the A&S Entries accepted
- 3:00pm Contests close
- 4:30pm Closing Court
- 6:00pm Site closes
Facebook Event Page: www.facebook.com/events/401842649987452
Site: Veterans Memorial Park, 13000 Sayre St, Sylmar, California 91342
- Leave your memories here.
|Go back||Current Year||Go forward|
|Events 2014||Events 2015||Events 2016|
|Events of Caid|
| Events: 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, 2000s, 2010s, 2020s
Other Information: Results